Berrima is now ground zero for the fight against coal in the Southern Highlands.
Be at the community briefing on Sunday 13th September at 2 pm.
Join the #Battle4Berrima to STOP Korean owned POSCO/Hume Coal placing its giant coal mine and stockpile at Berrima.
If Hume’s application to mine is approved:
- A 6 storey high, 1 km long stockpile of coal will be placed in Berrima, open to Highlands winds
- Coat dust will threaten the health of every person and family in Berrima, Bowral, Burradoo & Moss Vale
- Our groundwater will be permanently altered
- Our sustainable economy and long term jobs will be undermined
- 448 coal wagons will cross Highlands and Illawarra communities daily
Get informed about how your lives and those of your families, friends and our Highlands Community will be devastated by these plans.
Be at Berrima’s Anglican Village Church Hall (Argyle Street, Berrima) on Sunday 13th September at 2 pm and join the Battle For Berrima.
It’s about water not coal, health not coal dust, our landscape not water drawdown, and the heritage of mainland Australia’s last intact Georgian Village.
It’s not too late to STOP this mine from being approved.